Join Our Team
For more than 120 years, Blue Ridge Bank has provided financial services with an emphasis on quality, ethics, and superb customer relations. We want your help to continue this mission for many years to come.
Please take a moment to review our open positions. Complete our online application below or visit your local branch to submit your resume.
Desktop Support Technician
The Desktop Support Technician is a tier 1 role responsible for supporting and maintaining organizational Computer Systems, Applications/Software, and Peripherals (printers, scanners, etc.). That includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all organizational Software and Hardware while ensuring optimal workstation performance. 3rd Party application support will be required including support for applications dedicated to servicing Bank customers and employees. The Desktop Support Technician will troubleshoot and resolve issues ranging from simple User Management to complex Desktop issues in person, by telephone, or remotely in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end-users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including off-site repair for remote users as needed.
- Provide Application support for all end-user software including critical 3rd Party Core applications dedicated to servicing Bank customers.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user and network hardware and software, peripheral devices, presentation equipment, and any other products as applicable.
- Provide support for User Management, including the basic set-up and configuration of domain users, ongoing user maintenance, password resets, etc.
- Construct and install customized workstation configurations based mainly on Windows Operating Systems and ancillary platforms, including workstation set-up and configuration for new hires.
- Collaborate with Technology team members to ensure efficient operation of the organization's desktop computing environment.
- Where required, administer and resolve issues with associated end-user workstation network software products.
- Receive and respond to all incoming calls and requests for Desktop and Application support problems.
- Provide support for all Bank Information Security initiatives.
- Work with any 3rd party IT vendors as necessary.
- Perform related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position.
Strategy & Planning
- Support development and implementation of new computer projects and new hardware installations, including the roll-out of an enterprise level Help Desk ticketing platform.
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future hardware and organizational hardware needs.
Formal Education & Certification
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Associates Degree or higher is preferred.
Knowledge & Experience
- 2+ years of desktop experience is preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of PC and desktop hardware and software.
- Perficient knowledge of Windows Operating Systems (Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows Server Software).
- Experience with Jack Henry & Associates Software Platforms is a plus.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Extensive equipment support experience.
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards.
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation and OEM guides.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into PC and software issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.