Join Our Team
We make things happen and push to change what it means to be a bank! We support our communities, help dreams come true, and do our best to enjoy every day. Are you ready to join #teamBRB?
If you're interested in being a part of our team, take a look at our core values:
Integrity - Do what's right without apologies.
Service - We show love for our company and our communities.
Success - We work hard. We finish strong. We win big.
Achievement - We keep other companies in the rear-view.
Enjoy Every Day - We have one life. Let's live it and love it!
Please take a moment to review our open positions. Complete our online application below or visit your local branch to submit your resume.
Deposit Operations Specialist - Full time - Luray, VA
Job Description: Candidate will provide operational support for the retail operations of the bank as well as support the deposit operations team in all matters related to deposit-based activity within the bank.
- Provide excellent customer service and back office support for retail staff
- Assist customers with online banking, telephone banking, and other issues as needed.
- Perform file maintenance on deposit accounts and review reports for all deposit applications, including exception reports.
- Assist in the daily processing of unposted items, NSF returns, chargebacks, stop payments, and reconcilements.
- Process and monitor ACH transactions, cash letters, CD interest checks, overdraft notices and chargeback notices.
- Assist in the processing of ACH disputes
- Assist in the processing and research of Reg E debit card disputes
- Process wire requests and adhere to the bank’s wire policy
- Review and index documentation into the image server that has been scanned in by retail staff
- Monitor deposit accounts for overdrafts, remove overdraft protection based on policy; process charge-offs and maintain charge-off report
- Assist in monitoring and reporting Reg D excess activity and file maintenance on dormant accounts
Required skills include good organizational skills, ability to multi-task, excellent interpersonal, organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
Functional/Technical Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with Jack Henry banking software preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of deposit banking regulations preferred.
Desktop Support Technician - Luray, VA
Job Description: The Desktop Support Technician is a tier 1 role responsible for supporting and maintaining organizational Computer Systems, Applications/Software, and Peripherals (printers, scanners, etc.). That includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all organizational Software and Hardware while ensuring optimal workstation performance. 3rd Party application support will be required including support for applications dedicated to servicing Bank customers and employees. The Desktop Support Technician will troubleshoot and resolve issues ranging from simple User Management to complex Desktop issues in person, by telephone, or remotely in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end-users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including off-site repair for remote users as needed.
- Provide Application support for all end-user software including critical 3rd Party Core applications dedicated to servicing Bank customers.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user and network hardware and software, peripheral devices, presentation equipment, and any other products as applicable.
- Provide support for User Management, including the basic set-up and configuration of domain users, ongoing user maintenance, password resets, etc.
- Construct and install customized workstation configurations based mainly on Windows Operating Systems and ancillary platforms, including workstation set-up and configuration for new hires.
- Collaborate with Technology team members to ensure efficient operation of the organization’s desktop computing environment.
- Receive and respond to all incoming calls and requests for Desktop and Application support problems.
- Perform related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position.
Strategy & Planning
- Support development and implementation of new computer projects and new hardware installations, including the roll-out of an enterprise level Help Desk ticketing platform.
Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future hardware and organizational hardware needs.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
Associates Degree or higher is preferred.
Knowledge & Experience
- 2+ years of desktop experience is preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of PC and desktop hardware and software.
- Perficient knowledge of Windows Operating Systems (Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows Server Software).
- Experience with Jack Henry & Associates Software Platforms is a plus.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Extensive equipment support experience.
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards.
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation and OEM guides.
- This position reports to the Chief Technology Officer
Human Resource Specialist - Full time - Luray, VA
Job Description: The Human Resources Specialist will be responsible for general HR administration, bank recruitment efforts and collaborating with the HR Team on department goals and initiatives.
- Assisting the HR Team with day to day administrative tasks
- Coordinating employment application, hiring, on-boarding, and benefit enrollment processes in collaboration with appropriate site and management staff.
- Managing company job descriptions
- Responsible for I-9 documentation verification, compliance with federal guidelines, and maintenance of the records
- Updates employee files to document all HR actions and provides information for payroll and other uses
- Assists in the area of talent selection, and all recruiting/selection initiatives
- Preparation and processing of payroll
- Maintains personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
- Assists with benefits open enrollment
- Handles FMLA and leave of absence requests to ensure compliance
- Maintains high level of confidentiality
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or other related field of study is required. May substitute degree for significant and relevant experience. Must be computer literate.
2-4 years of experience in Human Resources is required.
Functional/Technical Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills, and a comfort with interfacing professionally with all levels of the organization.
- Individual must be well organized with experience in managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must exercise good judgment, tact and diplomacy while demonstrating a high degree of integrity and sound judgment in dealing with confidential matters and maintenance of sensitive records.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook).
- Prior experience with payroll processing preferred.
Accounting Clerk - Luray, VA
Job Description: Individual will share responsibility for payables and receivables, including verifying invoices for accuracy and inputting and coding for payment. Reviewing, coding, and reconciling activity on the Company credit card, preparing billings related to mortgage division activity, and various general ledger reconciliations.
- Associates degree in business or accounting preferred
- 3-5 years accounts payable and receivable experience
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Experience with BankTEL, AMB mortgage banking accounting software, and Jack Henry banking software preferred.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Marketing Assistant - Part Time - Luray, VA
Blue Ridge Bank is seeking a highly motivated Marketing Assistant who is passionate about Social Media and Digital Media. The right candidate will have the opportunity to be a part of an established team that is expanding to meet the needs of a growing company, with the potential of this role turning into a full-time job in the near future.
- WORK HOURS:
- 15 to 25 hours per week
- Flexible Schedule
- WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Assist Director of Marketing with the creation of innovative material for various marketing objectives, including literature, email, company website, digital media, and paid social media campaigns
- Help coordinate marketing events throughout Blue Ridge Bank’s footprint including, merchandise, collateral, invitations, and PR.
- Track marketing inventory and update branding as needed
- Execute on our Social Media strategy, and assist in creating compelling posts
- Determine room for improvement and opportunities for growth
- THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Likes a challenge
- Is passionate about Social media, branding, and enjoys multi-tasking
- Has excellent written and communications skills
- Thinks outside of the box
- Has exemplary organizational and project management skills
- Has the ability to multitask, work independently, and meet deadlines
- WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive pay
- Flexible schedule
Job Type: Part-time
- Other forms
- Flexible schedule
- Opportunity to participate in the company’s 401(k) plan
Commercial Credit Analyst – Full Time – Luray, Charlottesville, Greensboro or Winchester
Job Description: The Credit Analyst will support the commercial banking team by utilizing necessary software to input financials, prepare cash flow, and credit analysis reports. The Credit Analyst should be able to independently analyze and help underwrite new and existing credit requests submitted by the lenders. The Analyst should have a working knowledge of reading tax returns and financial documents. The successful candidate must be able to craft well-written credit memos and provide ample feedback to upper management related to ongoing credit requests. The position conducts thorough, comprehensive business, and organizational analysis to form a deep, broad, accurate and up-to-date understanding of that business’s health, capacity and capability to appropriately utilize and fully repay its credit obligations in a timely manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver an accurate comprehensive fact-based summary in written form, identifying all risks and mitigants associated with the proposed transactions
- Using software program utilized by the Bank, enters borrower financial data (both financial statements and tax returns). Communicates with relationship manager, and sometimes customer, for additional information and clarification of data.
- Compiles data from individual and business credit reports, conducts industry peer comparisons, and identifies exceptions to Credit Policy.
- Writes financial analysis; makes recommendation on loan structures, terms, and Risk Rating of credit requests.
- Support and document the appropriate credit risk rating
- Assist in all aspects of portfolio management of the commercial portfolio to include annual reviews
- Experience with Laser Pro preferred
- A minimum of five years of similar or related experience to include experience underwriting commercial real estate and C&I loan requests
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, preferably in business, finance or accounting
- Ability to collect data, establish facts, identify risks and mitigants and draw conclusions
- Exceptional critical thinking and analytical abilities
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, excellent organizational skills and attention-to-detail
- Must be a goal oriented, deadline driven individual who possesses a high degree of professionalism, understanding the need for confidentiality
- Demonstrated leadership, professional presentation
- Experience with Laser Pro a plus
When positions are available, please use the button below to apply online.
EOE | M/F | Vet | Disabled